Excellence in Education since 1959 Home of the Golden Eagles
Welcome to Del Oro High School
| Mission Statement
|To continue a tradition of excellence and integrity in a safe, supportive and respectful environment where all students will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to be college, career, and life ready, as well as contribute as responsible citizens of their local and global communities.|
Del Oro High School is located in Loomis, CA and is one of six high schools in the Placer Union High School District. Opened in 1959, Del Oro is situated on approximately 56 acres serving students in the ninth through twelfth grades. Our enrollment for the 2015-2016 school year was 1,715. Our ethnic make-up consists of 11.12% Hispanic/Latino, .87% American Indian/Alaskan Native, .81% Asian, .23% Pacific Islander, .47% Filipino, .41% African American, 77.14% White, 8.16% two or more races, .76% not reported.
Del Oro serves a semi-rural community trying to maintain slow growth while being surrounded by communities of high growth. There has been a phasing out of the agricultural way of life and an increase of homes on acreage and small housing tracts within our attendance boundaries. The area is becoming a bedroom community for the greater Sacramento area. There continues to be slow growth of businesses within the community, but the existing businesses are generally very supportive of Del Oro.
Del Oro draws its students from two elementary districts which are composed of seven K-8 elementary schools. In addition, approximately 350 of our students are on inter-district agreements from surrounding districts, and 170 are intra-district/open enrollment from one of our district high schools. The school is located a few miles from Sierra College, which allows many students to attend concurrently.
In 2011, Del Oro was named a California Distinguished School by the Department of Education. In 2012, Del Oro received the maximum 6-year accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Del Oro High School competes athletically in the highly touted Sierra Foothill League (S.F.L.) and is part of the CIF-Sac- Joaquin Section. We compete in 21 Varsity Sports, most equipped with both Frosh and Junior Varsity feeder programs. We have a
rich history of students competing in sports and its estimated that 40% of the entire student body participate on an interscholastic team. Please visit our “Athletics” webpage for more information on specific teams. From a club standpoint, Del Oro offers countless organizations for students to be involved with. Our faculty does an exceptional job of finding ways to get students involved on campus. Ranging from the F.F.A. to the Outdoor Adventure Club, to the Dance Team, there are numerous
ways to get involved with D.O. outside of school and outside of sports. Please visit our “Clubs” webpage to see the list of clubs offered at Del Oro.
- Del Oro Graduates 97.5% of all students.
- The Average S.A.T. Scores of Del Oro Students who took the exam in 2016: Critical Reading (529), Math (541), and Writing (504).
- 44% of the 2016 graduating class applied to, gained acceptance, and is attending a 4-Year College.
- Del Oro High School is accredited through the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) for 6 years (2013-19).
- Del Oro has a diverse student population, staff, and faculty.
- In the last 10 years Del Oro has won 55 S.F.L. League Athletic Championships and 25 CIF SJS Section Athletic Championships.
- In addition to the education that all K-12 schools in California has to provide per the state education standards by subject, Del Oro exceeds those minimums. Here are some of the highlights.
- 17 Advanced Placement (A.P.) Courses Offered in 2015-2016 school year including: (2) English, (3) Math, (5) Science, (4) Social Science, (1) Spanish, (1) Art.
- Honors level courses in English, Math, and Science.
- ROP Courses in culinary arts, agriculture, computer science, and sports medicine.
- Award winning Future Farmers of America (F.F.A.) Program
- Women’s Athletic Performance Training (W.A.P.T.)
- Multimedia and Broadcasting
- Drama, Dance, and Performing Arts
- Music and Band
- Future Farmers of America (F.F.A.) Program & Shop Classes
- Del Oro’s campus was born in 1959. Over time it has gone through several renovations, most recently in 2003 with the construction of a state-of-art performing arts and administration building, and a new gymnasium named after former Del Oro Teacher, Coach, and Counselor Robert Bonner.
- In 2009, completion of a state-of-the-art Culinary Arts facility giving our students a very competitive edge in this CTE field.
- Del Oro has 5 full service computer labs featuring high speed network access, Access to industry standard software like Adobe CS5, and all students receive a full service Google Apps account under the @puhsd.us domain.
- Grades are posted and reported by teachers using the Aeries software system, and parents have access to them using the newly designed “Parent Portal”
- Golden Eagle Stadium features synthetic field turf and an “All-Weather” track, and the school is currently planning for seating renovations in 2011 and 2012.
- The Golden Eagle Aquatics committee is set to break ground on a brand new state-of-the-art Aquatics Complex for the Loomis Basin community in the coming year.